- Tour Includes
- Tour Excludes
- Book now!
CHIMBORAZO BIKE TOUR
The Volcano is located in the province of Chimborazo in the wildlife production reserve that bears his name.
Beautiful and imposing is the Chimborazo, is considered the highest mountain in Ecuador and the closest to the sun, with dreamy landscapes that invites us to dream higher with just a glance, we will venture to explore with our professional guide the trails of imposing volcano.
The altitude of its summit is 6310 meters above sea level, a nice challenge for mountaineering lovers, however in our tour we can explore and enjoy up to 5100 meters where it keeps a mystical lagoon named Condor Cocha next to its summit, without forgetting that we will find flora of páramo and fauna of the area as the vicuña a species of camelid. After this we will descend to begin our adventure around this beautiful and imposing volcano by bicycle.
Departures days: Wednesday and Sundays
Meeting point: Departure from Baños 08:00 am. Vicente Rocafuerte and Thomas Halflants (Park Palomino Flores)
- Warm clothes and gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Shoes for trekking
- Windbreaker jacket / waterproof pants
DOWNLOAD OUR ITINERARY
We also have tours to the top of Chimborazo, if you need more information about this tour, click on the following link: Chimborazo Climbing
You can enjoy the Andes Tour 2 day (Quilotoa – Cotopaxi) the lodging in this Tour is done in the Papagayo Cotopaxi Hostel located in Machachi.
If you want to make this tour of 2 days 1 night.
Please at the time of making your reservation specify this option.
- Departure days from Quito: Wednesday and Thursday
- Thursday and Friday
- Saturday and Sunday
Price per person: $139
- Departure from Baños 08:00 am. Vicente Rocafuerte and Thomas Halflants (Park Palomino Flores)
- Stops to take pictures
- Arrive the first refuge 4850 m Hermanos Carriel
- Hike to the second refuge 45min a 60min - Refuge Whymper 5000 m
- Small rest and walk towards the Condor Cocha Lagoon 5100 m
- Walk back to the first refuge.
- Explanation of the descent by bicycle
- Descent by bicycle (downhill) entre 60 y 90 min.
- Return to Baños Agua Santa
- Transportation from Baños – Chimborazo – Baños
- Bilingual Guide