- Tour Includes
- Tour Excludes
- Book now!
Near the mountains of the Andes there is an emerald color lagoon, the most important and surprising thing about this lagoon is that it is located inside a volcano crater. Besides has with a height of 3800m.
The most important thing in this place is that we will enjoy it. Therefore, just worry about living the experience on our daily excursion to Quilotoa, first of all the drive passes through Zumbahua canyon and tons of indigenous towns & farmlands. Besides we will have a visit to either Saquisilí (Thursdays), Zumbahua (Saturdays) or Pujilí (Sundays) indigenous market.
The weather in Quilotoa is very unpredictable, so we recommend that you prepare with warm and waterproof clothing. Besides please, when you arrive in Quilotoa, take some time to acclimatize. We will meet at a height of approximately 3000 m, besides so we will go down the mountain descent.
Finally we will have a time to enjoy the lagoon and the kayak (not included). Besides please listen to the indications provided by the guide.
Finally the lunch will be ready in the zumbahua community. Therefore, we are sure that you will enjoy our Tour, probably after doing our activities in this Tour feel the desire to visit more attractions in Ecuador. Hence don’t forget see our offer tours in Ecuador.
- Warm Clothing
- Hiking Shoes
- Waterproof Jacket
- Extra Water
- Sun Cream
- Extra Energy Drinks & Snacks
- Cotton Pants
- Walking Sticks (OPTIONAL) We rent.
Meeting point: Mariscal Foch and Juan León Mera. In front of the restaurant Magic Bean .
In the center of Quito: Avenue August 10 and Francisco de Caldas. Center of the park.
DOWNLAND OUR ITINERARY
You can enjoy the Andes Tour 2 day (Quilotoa – Cotopaxi) the lodging in this Tour is done in Hacienda located in Machachi.
If you want to make this tour of 2 days 1 night.
Please at the time of making your reservation specify this option.
- Departure days: Wednesday and Thursday
- Thursday and Friday
- Saturday and Sunday
Price per person: $139
- Pick up at 07:00 am Magic Bean (Juan Leon Mera y Mariscal Foch)
- Leave towards Saquisili / Pujili / Zimbahua Indian markets (it depends on the day)
- Depart to an indigenous hut followed by depart to Quilotoa Lagoon
- Arrive to Quilotoa followed by trek around the crater
- Arrive to Tigua community
- Return towards Quito
- Transportation from Quito to Quilotoa and way back
- Bilingual Guide (Spanish – English)
- Purified water during the tour.
- Items not mention on the itinerary