- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
(Every day min. 2 people or 1 person private tour).
• The Climbing Antisana tour lasts 2 days •
Antisana is located 50 km (31 miles) southeast of Quito, between the provinces of Napo and Pichincha, in the Antisana Ecological Reserve, there is a stratovolcano located in the Cordillera Real del Ecuador, with two buildings, the Antisana I or old and eroded, and the building Antisana II young and potentially active and covered with glaciers.
Antisana Climbing Activity
The Antisana volcano is the fourth highest in the country with an altitude of 5,704m (18,713 feet), climbing to the top of this volcano involves a lot of adventure and adrenaline because it has no shelter that means that we must make a base camp and sleep there, the Antisana Volcano is little explored by tourists that means that there are no defined routes to climbing Antisana.
It is a technical mountain, we will have many cracks, an alpine type climbing is done, the excursion to attack the summit is done from midnight, the approximate time in hours is between 7 to 8 hours, but the reward is indescribable from its summit we have a unique view where we can see the north face of Cotopaxi and the Amazon basin, also has a more rigorous control by the company EPMAPS of the metropolitan area of the district of Quito.
They use the glacier to bring water to the entire city of Quito.
Ecosportour is the best option…!
We will check the equipment with your guide in the offices in Quito, 10:30 a.m. we will leave in direction southeast until the town of Pintag for the lunch, then with our vehicle 4x4 we will arrive at the base camp sector the Virgin 4.600m (15.091.86 ft), to arm the camp talk and school of glacier to handle equipment, it depends on the weather. dinner and rest
At 23:30 pm, we will take a cup of tea and our backpack with the necessary and we will go out the attempt to the summit between 7 to 8 hours walking on ice, very slowly, to get to the sunrise between 6 to 7 a.m. return to the camp, breakfast, return to Quito about 14:00 p.m.
We work in ropes of 2 tourists 1 guide, if one of the tourist makes the decision to go down without reaching the summit for any reason, all the ropes return and if the group is bigger and we have more guides, one guide goes down and the others continue climbing.
- Private transportation 4×4.
- Certified ASEGUIM guide in Spanish/English.
- Meals (Lunch and dinner first day, breakfast second day).
- Camping equipment.
- Course, school of glacier depends on the weather.
- Technical mountain equipment: plastic boots, crampons, harness, carabineer, helmet, flashlight without batteries, external gloves of 2 fingers, gaiters, ice axe, waterproof pants, waterproof jacket, rope
- Extra food and drinks, water 2 liters per day.
- Personal equipment: Lycra type shirt and pants, polar jacket and pants, internal gloves, 2 to 3 pairs of socks, 2 backpacks 1 of 40 liters and 1 of 15 liters, buff.
- Sleeping bag.
- Batteries for the flashlight 2 pairs AAA.
No Details Found