CAYAMBE CLIMBING (Every day min. 2 people) ¨ This mountain can be considered as one of the monuments with which Nature has made …
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
(Every day min. 2 people)
¨ This mountain can be considered as one of the monuments with which Nature has made a great difference in the world¨, call Humboldt to this volcano located in the central Andes, north of the country, the third-highest after Chimborazo and Cotopaxi with an altitude of 5.790m (18.996.06 ft.), is the only volcano in the world that by its glaciers crosses the equator line 3km from the summit, its less-traveled routes make the ascent quiet and wonderful, you can find cracks but this does not make the mountain dangerous, for this reason, you need a guide,
Cayambe Climbing and Located.
Cayambe is located 70Km (43 miles) from Quito within the Cayambe Coca National Park, its access to the refuge Ruales-Oleas-Berge at 4.600m (15.091.86 feet) can be done with 4×4 vehicles because of the bad road conditions. The first one to arrive at its summit was the British Edward Whymper, one of the main high mountains of acclimatization in Ecuador, the excursion of attack to the summit is done from midnight, the time is approximate in hours between 7 to 8 hours, the last part comes to have an inclination of 45°.
More information or other mountain climbing or climatization here
Following on our social media as Ecosportour
No details found.
Refuge and glacier school.
We will check the equipment with your guide in the offices in Quito, 10:30 a.m. We will leave in direction north until the town of the same name of the volcano, canton Cayambe for the lunch, then with our 4x4 vehicle we will arrive at the refuge Ruales-Oleas-Berge to 4.600m (15.091.86 ft.), we will have a talk and school of the glacier to handle equipment, dinner and rest.
Attack to the Summit.
Early on the second day 00:30 a.m, we will have a cup of tea and our backpack with the necessary things and we will go out the attempt to the summit between 7 to 8 hours walking on ice, very slowly, to get to the sunrise between 6 to 7 a.m. return to the refuge, breakfast, return to Quito about 14:00 p.m.
- Prívate transport 4×4.
- Certified ASEGUIM guide in Spanish/English.
- Meals (Lunch and dinner first day, breakfast second day).
- Refuge, bed, mattress, thermal blanket.
- Course, school of glacier depends on the weather.
- Technical mountain equipment: plastic boots, crampons, harness, carabineer, helmet, flashlight without batteries, external gloves of 2 fingers, gaiters, ice axe, waterproof pants, waterproof jacket, rope.
- Extra food and drinks, water 2 liters per day.
- Personal equipment: Lycra type shirt and pants, polar jacket and pants, internal gloves, 2 to 3 pairs of socks, 2 backpacks 1 of 40 liters and 1 of 15 liters, buff.
- Sleeping bag.
- Batteries for the flashlight 2 pairs AAA.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing