- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
COTOPAXI BIKE AND HIKE
(Wednesday and Saturday, everyday private trip).
One hour and a half from Quito, on the Pan-American Highway south, crossing a part of the Andes and the town of Machachi, place known by the livestock and agriculture to the skirts of the Pasochoa and Rumiñahui to the right and to the left the Corazon hill with the wonderful ilinizas we will have our first technical stop to an altitude of 2945m (9.662.07 ft.) for Acclimatization, photographs. Our second stop will be at the entrance to the Cotopaxi National Park 3200m (10.498.69 ft.), people from the around communities will be waiting for us with handicrafts and mountain clothes.
The Cotopaxi National Park is the second most visited park in Ecuador after the Galapagos Islands, its best attraction is the Cotopaxi Volcano with an altitude of 5987m (19.347.11 ft.), it is the highest active volcano in the world, and thousands of tourists visit it every month because it is the main tourist attractions near Quito,
The most popular activities are climbing to the top, hiking, horseback riding, and bike. Our 1-day tour, combines up to 3 activities, starting with the hike to the glaciers from 4600 m (15.091.86 ft.) parking lot to 5100m (16.732.28 ft.) Perpetual Glacier, it’s easy to climb to this height without technical equipment, without experience is possible because of our transportation arrival to the parking lot. After descending from the glacier we will make biking down (optional but very fun activity) from the upper part of the volcano parking lot to the lower part of the park to the Limpiopungo Lagoon 3850 m (12.631.23 ft.) and the people who take a horseback ride will do it in the camping and springs area, lower part.
ITINERARY (Wednesday and Saturday, everyday private trip).
- Departure from la Mariscal 7:00 am (Juan Leon Mera and Foch streets corner) / SAN BLAS SQUARE 7:15 am
- Photos in Machachi 2945m (9662.07 feet)
- Entrance Cotopaxi National Park 3200m (10498.69 ft.)
- Explanation about the volcano, flora and fauna endemic of the Park.
- Photographs in the lower part 3600m (11811.02 ft.). (People who have the activity of Horseback ride, your guide will be waiting for you in this area, 3 hours of activity).
- Arrival Parking lot 4600m (86 ft.)
- Explanation about the hike from the parking lot to the José Rivas refuge 4800m (15748.03 ft.) and perpetual glaciers 5100m (16732.28 ft)
- Return to the parking lot.
- Explanation and biking to the Limpiopungo lagoon about 45min.
- Go out of the National Park for the same restaurant in the morning for our Lunch.
- Return to Quito. (if you have 2 days’ program with Quilotoa, transfer to the Hostel in Machachi).
- Comfortable and warm clothes, windbreaker (optional), gloves, neck and ear protection.
- Comfortable shoes for walking in mountainous and sandy terrain.
- Bilingual guide Spanish / English.
- Authorized tourist transport.
- Menu-type meals ( lunch)
- Bike and helmet
- Permits to enter protected areas
- Extra food and drinks.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing