COTOPAXI CLIMBING (Every day min. 2 people or 1 person private tour). • The Cotopaxi climbing tour lasts 2 days • COTOPAXI OR…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
(Every day min. 2 people or 1 person private tour).
• The Cotopaxi climbing tour lasts 2 days •
COTOPAXI OR CUELLO DE LUNA, As this stratovolcano, is known, one of the highest in activity with an altitude of 5897m (19.347. 11 ft), is the second-highest after Chimborazo.
Cotopaxi National Park is the first area of tourist visit in continental Ecuador, is located south of Quito 50 km (31 miles), thousands of tourists seek to reach the top of this volcano a year, because it has several facilities in connectivity, climate, route. In this volcano we do not have walls to climb, we only walk to the top, we start from 4.800m (15.748.03 ft) here we have the José Rivas refuge, with the 4×4 transport we will arrive to the parking lot at 4.600m (15.091.86 ft).
COTOPAXI CLIMBING IS FAMOUS IN SOUTH AMERICA.
Inexperienced hikers begin their activity in Ecuador, their first high mountain attempts are in the Cotopaxi Volcano, we can observe a perfect conical shape covered with glacier that attracts the attention of millions of people who want to have a photo and much more in its crater, in our 2-day tour we go to the summit, the summit attack excursion is done from midnight to see the sunrise at the summit, the approximate time is between 7 to 8 hours.
Ecosportour is the best option…!
We will check the equipment with your guide in the offices in Quito, 10:30 a.m. we will leave in direction south until the town of Machachi for the lunch, then with our 4x4 vehicle we will arrive to the parking lot 4.600m (15.091.86 ft), here we put on most of the equipment so that you do not have to carry everything to the refuge, we walk 45min until the José Rivas Refuge at 4.800m (15.748.03 ft), in the afternoon we will have a talk and school of glacier to handle equipment, depending on the climate, dinner and rest.
At the beginning of the second day 00:30 a.m., we will have a cup of tea and our bags pack with the necessary things and we will go out to attempt to the summit between 7 to 8 hours walking on ice, very slow, to arrive to the sunrise between 6 to 7 a.m. return to the refuge, breakfast, return to Quito about 14:00 p.m.
We work in ropes of 2 tourists 1 guide, if one of the tourist makes the decision to go down without reaching the summit for any reason, all the ropes return and if the group is bigger and we have more guides, one guide goes down and the others continue climbing.
- Private transport 4×4.
- Certified ASEGUIM guide in Spanish/English.
- Meals (Lunch and dinner first day, breakfast second day).
- Refuge, bed, mattress, thermal blanket.
- Course, school of glacier depends on the weather.
- Technical mountain equipment: plastic boots, crampons, harness, carabineer, helmet, flashlight without batteries, external gloves of 2 fingers, gaiters, ice axe, waterproof pants, waterproof jacket, rope.
- Extra food and drinks, water 2 liters per day.
- Personal equipment: Lycra type shirt and pants, polar jacket and pants, internal gloves, 2 to 3 pairs of socks, 2 backpacks 1 of 40 liters and 1 of 15 liters, buff.
- Sleeping bag.
- Batteries for the flashlight 2 pairs AAA.
No Details Found