ILINIZAS NORTH (Any day minimum 2 tourists) If you ask us which is the best mountain for acclimatization, without a doubt we say…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
(Any day minimum 2 tourists)
If you ask us which is the best mountain for acclimatization, without a doubt we say that it is the Ilinizas, there are two peaks the Illiniza South with 5248m (17.217.85 ft.) this is more difficult to climb, you need experience, technical peak and the Illiniza North 5.126m (16.817. 59 feet) less complicated can be climbed in 1 day, without experience, but it is recommended from a guide, there are places where we will need 1 rope and crampons if the mountain has snow on the top, between the two Ilinizas there is a type as a mount where we have a small rustic refuge «Nuevo Horizontes» at 4746m (15.570.87 ft.), for the tourists who want to cook something or rest. The Illinizas are located 100km (62 miles) southwest of Quito, in the Los Ilinizas Ecological Reserve, because they are together with the Cotopaxi National Park it is the best mountain for acclimatization because of the same climatic characteristics as Cotopaxi, its height is adequate for learning to walk at high altitude, starting from the Parking sector La Virgen at 3.997m (13.113.52ft) to the summit which is 5.126m (16.817.59ft), this variation of altitude in 1 day helps you to control the altitude sickness, low, up and down again, in our 1 day tour to Iliniza north in shared or private base, we work with 1 guide maximum 5 tourist, the minimum in shared base is 2 people in private base from 1 person, in 6 hours we make the summit and half the time in descent.
PHYSICAL LEVEL: Medium
MEDIUM LEVEL: Technical
MAXIMUM ELEVATION: 5,126 m / 16,817 ft.
MINIMUM HEIGHT: 3,900 m / 12,795 ft.
TERRAIN: Medium grass, sand, rock, snow.
- We will check the equipment with your guide in the offices in Quito, 06:30 a.m.
- Departure 07:00 a.m.
- Trip on the Pan-American Highway south to La Virgen Parking lot 1:45 m approx. 3.997m (13.113.52ft).
- Explanation by our guide for the ascent, 6 hours approx. and half of the time in return.
- Box Lunch or lunch, if the option is lunch it will be very late to return to the town of Machachi, box lunch give you in the morning.
- Return to Quito.
- Private transportation 4×4.
- Certified ASEGUIM guide in Spanish/English.
- Meals (Lunch or box lunch depend you decide).
- Technical equipment (rope, carabineer, helmet, harness, crampons)
- Walking sticks.
- Nothing not specified in the program.
No Details Found