RUMIÑAHUI HIKE Eye of stone as would be his translation from the Quechua language, it is an inactive volcano, named after a rocky…
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Eye of stone as would be his translation from the Quechua language, it is an inactive volcano, named after a rocky mountain. It is located in the El Boliche Recreation Reserve, next to the Cotopaxi National Park, You can start the hike at Limpiopungo lagoon in the Cotopaxi National Park or at the El Boliche Recreational Reserve, 40 km (24 miles) south of Quito, in the eastern Andes, your hike is easy, very accessible, last part of precaution is recommended to use a rope for your safety, it takes 4 hours to climb half of its time to descend, very good for acclimatization because it has the same climatic conditions as Cotopaxi. From its summit you can take beautiful pictures of Cotopaxi, volcanoes and nearby mountains, with an altitude of 4.757m (15.607 ft), the most recommended option is the Limpiopungo lagoon at 3.850 m (12.63,231 ft), in our 1 day tour on a shared basis with minimum 2 tourists, we will reach the top of this mountain in approximately 4 hours and half of its time will be spent descending
PHYSICAL LEVEL: LOW-MEDIUM
MEDIUM LEVEL: LOW
MAXIMUM ELEVATION: 4.757m (15.607 ft.
MINIMUM HEIGHT: 3.850 m (12.63,231 ft).
TERRAIN: Grass, Sand and Rock.
- We will check the equipment with your guide in the offices in Quito, 06:30 a.m.
- Departure 07:00 a.m.
- Trip on the Pan-American Highway south to Limpiopungo Lagoon 1:45 m approx. 33.850 m (12.63,231 ft).
- Explanation by our guide for the ascent, 4 hours approx. and half of the time in return.
- Box Lunch or lunch, if the option is lunch it will be very late to return to the town of Machachi, box lunch give you in the morning.
- Return to Quito.
- Private transportation 4×4.
- Certified ASEGUIM guide in Spanish/English.
- Meals (Lunch or box lunch depend you decide).
- Technical equipment (rope, carabineer, helmet, harness)
- Walking sticks.
- Nothing not specified in the program.
No Details Found